winterize central air conditioning unit, AC Winterization & winterize air conditionerAuburndale, FL, Plant City, FL, Bartow, FL, Lakeland, FL, Winter Haven, FL; & Mulberry, FL
To make sure your air conditioner operates reliably during the long, hot summers in Lakeland, FL and surrounding areas, the system needs care prior to winter. Winterizing your air conditioner is a fairly quick and simple process and goes a long way in saving you time and money. If you have questions or would like the skilled professionals from Payne Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. to handle the job, feel free to reach out to us at 863-686-6163.
Winterization is necessary to prevent the deterioration of mechanical parts and keep pests from nesting inside. Proactive measures help to increase system reliability and extend lifespan. Right when you’re closing the windows against the chill is the ideal time to prep the air conditioner for downtime. Over our 87 years of service, we’ve found that proactive measures are definitely worth the effort.
To winterize your air conditioner:
- Start by turning the power off. You should find the switch located under a plastic or metal covering. Position the switch to OFF to prevent the air conditioner from starting up over the winter. This will keep moisture out of the inner workings that could potentially cause damage.
- Remove any debris, such as leaves or twigs, gathered on or around the unit, as they make ideal nesting spots for pests. Use a wet, clean cloth to wipe away any dirt or grime.
- Make sure the unit is completely dry before protecting it with a waterproof cover or tarp. It should be big enough to cover the entire component, and you’ll want to secure it against strong winds.
- It’s a good idea to also safeguard the pipes of the AC unit with foam pipe covers. These coverings should fit tight to the pipe and can be secured with duct tape. The covers can be left in place all year round.
- Inspect the outdoor component every few weeks, especially after severe weather. Remove any debris and adjust coverings if necessary.
For any concerns with your air conditioner, Payne Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. is always happy to help. Our team is NATE-certified, factory educated and proficient in the service of all major manufacturers and models. We strongly recommend taking advantage of our expertise for springtime tune-ups anywhere across Lakeland, Auburndale, Plant City, Mulberry, Bartow, Winter Haven & Haines City, FL. We follow the strict maintenance procedures that optimize the value of your air conditioner.
AC Winterization in Auburndale, FL | winterize air conditioner Bartow, FL | winterize central air conditioning unit Plant City, FL